Monday, February 9, 2015

Book Covers

I love to read. And I will confess that if a book cover or book jacket whatever you want to call them catches my eye I am very likely to purchase that book.

I also read the  front cover and the ending to the story. I have always done that and will continue to do so. That's just me.  To old to stop it now.

I was given a book to read that I really didn't care for the cover.But I read it and ,Lordy,it was so crazy. GONE GIRL. Wow...I had to go back and re-read some paragraphs because I thought I had skipped something. Did I say crazy? Well it was.

I am so behind on my blogging.I really need to make myself get back to it. I enjoy it and I just got out of doing it.But I am going to get back into the swing of things. 

We have a birthday that we are going to celebrate.Granddaughter Dixie is three years old today.We will be celebrating tomorrow evening. Italian food and then the cake.

I have just about finished my book with the look over to make sure it is ready to send over to my agent.  Then we'll see where it falls.

The Spring can come anytime. I am tired of the cold weather and all. I am ready for some nice warmer temps and mild weather. I am very tired of the winter coats//jackets.

So back to book covers/jackets. The cover appeals to the reader. If it is catchy it will sell. But what about those books which are great reads but has lousy covers? I came across one by just browsing and happened to open the book and read the inside label and the back last paragraph. The cover did not appeal to me. In fact it didn't even compliment what the story was about.

I don't understand the in's and out's.Who chooses and what the reason is. Me.......if it is my book then I want to have the right to say yea or nay to the kind of cover.. And I know people will probably tell me it will never happen. But we'll see.

OK...I am going to close for  now. But until then

Happy writing

No comments:

Post a Comment