Wednesday, January 1, 2014

January 2014

So here it is the first day of January for the new year. No great fanfare, no noise, no congested areas to manuver. It was a smooth transition.

Did I make any resolutions? No.... I never make any. I just let every day come and go as it does and see what it brings.

I have made a lot of friends and I enjoy them all. Some of my friends are authors and a few I do communicate with. I read their post and their newsletters. They have some funny quips which usually make my day.

It is because of these friends , authors and non authors that have made me decide to keep on writing. I may not be published. But you know what? I don't care. I write down my feelings on paper and if it looks good after I read it then I revolve a story around it. It comes out pretty good.

A lot of publishers want the stories tweaked to the point that the story is not yours anymore. I won't do that. So I will just keep writing. One day my grandchildren will read what I wrote and hear my stories as they happened. They are funny, serious ,sad and they are my memories.

I was always told that if you didn't have a mind to think for yourself then you may as well be a person who just shrinks away. Well anybody who knows me knows I am not that type of person.

So I will start to write a small story on my experiences growing up. I hope you get the enjoyment of reading them as I have at writing them.  So I will be starting a small assortment of stories. Now keep in mind these are all true based on growing up with my siblings and others.

So get ready because the story time is about to start.

Until then
Happy writing


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Sharon, for your determination to keep writing. Write stories that move you. Write those stories you enjoy reading. And when you reach "the end" why not consider self-publishing? It's a fantastic time to be a writer. Grab a few moonbeams and toss them back at the stars! 2014 could be your year. Happy writing, and happy new year! :)

    ReplyDelete